A Where’s Waldo costume for Halloween is the perfect idea for families or groups! It’s easy, fast, and you can wear the pieces with your normal wardrobe. (You might even have a few of them already!) Read on for links to everything you’ll need.
I always see these totally brilliant family or group Halloween costume ideas online, but then I just get too overwhelmed to make it happen. Last year when we were Peter Pan I was scrambling at the last minute (one month postpartum with Mags, by the way), the only thing that kept me going was Henry’s total devotion to the idea.
And that is why we never have tutorials for our Halloween costumes on the actual year that we wear them! I’ve missed sharing the how-tos for the last couple of years, so without further ado, here’s how we created a family Where’s Waldo costume!
Considerations for Family or Group Costumes
I have to say, this costume was a hit. People still call us the Waldos. For reals. See below for how we put it all together, and links to some of the pieces we used.
When I’m putting together Halloween costumes like this one, I try to get pieces that we’ll be able to wear afterwards and mix them into our wardrobe. So Henry’s top was part of a set of jammies, and so on. Anything that’s not linked to was something that we already had, or that you should be able to find in your own closet.
Using Pieces You Already have for a Where’s Waldo Costume
Lots of Waldo’s pieces are probably already in your wardrobe! Source your own denim for the bottom half of the outfit — jeans, skirt, or even overalls would be cute. You can also use whatever boots you might already have.
If you have a crossbody satchel, toss it on as an accessory. Waldo also has a walking stick/cane that he often uses, so that’s another thing that you might be able to find or borrow. As long as you have the hat, glasses, and beanie, you’ll definitely be good to go.
Links to Sources for a Where’s Waldo Costume
More Family or Group Costume Ideas
Love Waldo and want more! We have a ton of really great group costume ideas. Check these out:
- Where’s Waldo Costume for a Family Halloween
- Wreck-It Ralph Costumes for Halloween
- Star Wars Costumes for Halloween // Luke, Leia, Han, and Baby R2D2
- Group Halloween Costume DIY // In-N-Out Burger
- Mommy and Me Costume Idea // Birds of a Feather
- LEGO Costume DIY for Halloween
- Make a Couples Greaser Halloween Costume
- Pinocchio Costume for Groups or Families
Also, if you want to join our VIP group where I’ll send more Halloween ideas and inspiration, just enter your info below! xoxo
- Striped shirt
- Red and white beanie
- Sewing notions (optional)
- Check out your wardrobe to see if you have any pieces that can work for Waldo! Any denim bottoms will do, along with accessories like a satchel, cane, or camera.
- Use the links in our post to get any additional costume pieces that you might need.
- Have fun!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. This means that I receive a small commission should you make a purchase via one of these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you as always for your support!