While we’re getting used to being parents, I’ve invited a few of my darling blog pals to stop by and share a post or two with you! I’m so grateful for the awesome folks who have been helping out, and today we get to hear from Leah of Freutcake. Here she is!
Hi friends! Leah here from Freutcake and I’m honored to be here sharing one of my favorite cocktails with you while Chelsea while she spends some time with her littlest Valentine. Whether you’re planning a galentine’s day celebration or a cozy night in for two, I’ve got the perfect cocktail to spice up your night and get you in the mood for love.
Meet the Spicy Lover. The perfect fresh muddled blueberry margarita infused with spicy jalapeno
tequila and rimmed with pop rocks. This spicy baby packs a punch and is certainly fun to drink! The secret to getting those pop rocks to stick? It’s honey, baby! Dip your cocktail glass rims in just a bit o’ honey then into your favorite flavor of Pop Rocks. Personally, I like strawberry or watermelon for this recipe but you can get creative. Or, offer friends all sorts of flavors to chose from! You’ll feel like a kid again in no time…minus the tequila of course. Cheers to a spicy Valentine’s Day!
Spicy Lover (Makes One Cocktail)
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1 ounce fresh lime juice
4 ounces reposado or añejo tequila
1 1/2 ounces pomegranate grenadine
honey or agave nectar for rimming the glass
Pop Rocks candy for rimming the glass
additional blueberries for garnish, optional
1. In a jar combine tequila and one jalapeno sliced in half lengthwise. Allow to sit tightly sealed overnight.
2. Strain out jalapeno before using.
3. Dip the rim of your cocktail glass in honey then in Pop Rocks.
4. In a cocktail shaker muddle the blueberries and lime juice until the blueberries are broken up.
5. Add the tequila and grenadine and a handful of ice to the shaker.
6. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, and then strain into the prepared glasses. Top with more
ice and a skewer of fresh blueberries if desired. Enjoy!
Thanks Leah! For more gorgeous cocktails, delish recipes, and entertaining inspiration, head over to Freutcake.