Hot chocolate cupcakes are just as good as they sound! Check out this delicious recipe to share with your family and friends. The cake is rich and delicious, a perfect compliment to the fresh whipped cream.
During these chilly winter months there’s really nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate to keep you warm. Except maybe a hot chocolate cupcake!
Yep. Today I’m sharing a super yummy cocoa inspired cupcake complete with whipped cream and mini marshmallows. If you’re wondering if these hot chocolate cupcakes are as delicious as they sound, the answer is yes. Possibly better.
Psst — if you like this recipe, you’re gonna love these:
- Classic Pumpkin Nut Roll
- Persimmon Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Family Recipe Apple Pie
- Monkey Bread Muffins (Great for Kids to Help With!)
- Make Fall Treats // Gold-Splattered Pumpkin Spice Macarons
- Chewy Chai Spice Sugar Cookies
- Baked Mini Pumpkin Spice Donuts
And be sure to sign up for my VIP group below, where I’ll send my very best recipe and DIY ideas straight to ya!
Your new Go-To Cupcake REcipe
This cake is my go-to chocolate cake recipe taken from the back of the Hershey’s box. Trust me. I’ve made it dozens of times and friends and family keep on requesting it.
It makes these hot chocolate cupcakes moist, delicious, and pairs wonderfully with the airy whipped cream frosting. Whip up a batch of these and it won’t be long before people start to cozy on up to you. Goodbye cold and lonely nights!
Hot Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
Makes 24 Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Whipped Cream Ingredients
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
4 T Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Baking INstructions for Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- Heat oven to 350°F. Fill 24 cupcake cavities with baking cups. Spray inside of cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Fold in boiling water.
- Batter will be very thin. Pour batter into cupcake cups, filling ⅔ of the way.
- Bake the hot chocolate cupcakes 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Create the Whipped Cream
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until desired texture forms.
- Use a piping bag and tip to generously frost the hot chocolate cupcakes. Top with cocoa powder and mini marshmallows. Serve and enjoy!
This post was from contributor Jamie of Paint the Gown Red! For more recipes, fun DIYs, and general adorableness, head over to Paint the Gown Red.