While we’re getting used to being parents, I’ve invited a few of my darling blog pals to stop by and share a post or two with you! I’m so grateful for the awesome folks who have been helping out, and today we get to hear from Brittni of Paper & Stitch. Here she is!
Hey there. Brittni here from Paper & Stitch. I’m happy to be able to pop in today to share a DIY idea for anyone that could use a little organization in their life. Who couldn’t use a little help in that department now that it’s January again, right?
To get myself excited about organizing my desk and office space in the new year, I came up with a simple embellishment for ceramic containers that is super easy to complete. Bonus! It may even give you motivation to tackle the rest of your organization overhaul for 2015, like it did me. You know…once your desk is looking all kinds of cool, of course.
Here’s how you can make your own mylar containers in just a few minutes…
- mylar tissue paper (available at most craft stores)
- glue stick
- small or medium size ceramic container
1. Start by cutting strips of mylar in various widths, with a pair of scissors.
2. Then, apply glue the back of each strip of mylar, with a glue stick. (You can use a different type of glue for a stronger bond, but I like using a glue stick because you can easily peel off the mylar, at a later time, if you ever want to change the look again.)
3. Apply each strip to the container, making sure the ends match up around the back. Smooth out any bumps and let dry. Done! Use the embellished containers for storing office supplies or as mini planters for succulents and air plants.
I love the contrast between the reflective quality in the mylar and the matte finish of the ceramic container. What about you?