A Christmas pajama party is such a fun idea! Check out all of our tips, tricks, activities, and recipes to make your PJ party extra festive.
I got to thinking the other day, and realized that maybe the only thing that could make me love a Christmas party more is if I could go to one in my pajamas.
I mean, come on! Cocktails, appetizers, and jammies were just meant to be together.
So we put together a few simple ideas so that you can throw your own Christmas pajama party! It’s the perfect theme for a girls’ night in.
So settle in, grab your coziest slippers, and let’s get our party on! Watch our quick video to see how easy it is to put a PJ party together, and read on for lots more details.
Psst — if you like this holiday idea, you’re gonna love these:
- Giant Cardboard Christmas Trees
- How to Make an Ice Lantern with Winter Berries
- EIGHT Projects You Can Do Before Christmas
- How to Make a DIY Winter Checkers Game
- Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
And be sure to sign up for my VIP group below, where I’ll send more of my very best holiday ideas straight to ya!
Easy Invitations for a Christmas Pajama Party
I love the idea of a mom’s night in and bringing my best mom pals together. Because there’s no one who needs a little break more than moms around the holidays! But invite whoever you like.
I like using Evite for invitations — it’s simple, and people can access the digital invitations with all of the info right from their smartphones. Let your guests know that they can wear their comfiest jammies and come ready to chillax.
Easy Christmas Pajama Party Recipes
I like to keep it easy for gatherings so that I don’t feel like I have to spend the whole party in the kitchen. This festive wreath snack is quick, tasty, and looks adorable at a Christmas pajama party!
It just takes a few minutes to prep, you can pop it in the oven just before your guests arrive, and it’s pretty cute to boot. Check out the simple recipe below.
60 RITZ Crackers
2/3 cup whipped cream cheese spread
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. finely chopped red peppers
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange 30 crackers, with edges slightly overlapping, in 11-inch ring on pizza pan. Use remaining crackers to make second concentric ring, with edges of crackers overlapping, as shown in photo.
- Mix cream cheese spread, Parmesan and garlic in small microwaveable bowl until blended. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 35 sec. or just until softened; stir.
- Spoon down centers of crackers; sprinkle with mozzarella and peppers.
Bake 6 to 8 min. or until mozzarella is melted. Sprinkle with parsley.
To add a bow garnish, use fresh parsley sprigs and roasted red pepper strips to make a holiday bow on top of wreath just before serving.
Have a Signature Cocktail
If you ask me, it’s the only way to go for a Christmas pajama party! It saves you from having to play bartender all night, and it makes the gathering feel extra special for your guests.
This Holiday Sunrise cocktail fits right in with our pajama party theme.
3 oz. Canada Dry Ginger Ale
1 oz. bourbon
2 oz. pineapple juice
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in Canada Dry Ginger Ale, pineapple juice, and bourbon. Stir.
- Add pineapple garnish.
Activities and Favors for a HOliday Pajama Party
For our Christmas pajama party, I decided to include a super simple DIY project (my personal calling card!) and wrap it into a gift for our guests — DIY pompom fuzzy slippers!
They couldn’t be easier: just grab a few different sizes and styles of slippers, and glue or sew on some fuzzy pompoms. Guests can keep their tootsies warm and I guarantee they’ll love the fun touch.
We also set up a nail polish bar in case anybody’s digits needed a little love. Just grab a few holiday colors and set them up next to some other manicure tools.
Once all of your guests arrive to your Christmas pajama party, cozy up in your jammies, grab a cocktail and a snack and have a great night!
And if your crew doesn’t include a bunch of night owls, you could always put a daytime spin on the pajama party and gather for brunch to bake some holiday treats. Have a great shindig, party animals! xoxo
Must be 21 or over. Please drink responsibly.
This post was originally sponsored by Evite® in collaboration with Canada Dry® and NABISCO®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
- Fuzzy slippers
- Faux fur pom poms
- Glue gun
- Choose a pair of slippers and some complementary pompoms.
- Decide where to glue the pompoms on your slipper, depending on the slipper's shape and size.
- Add a large dot of glue onto the pompom and press it firmly onto the slipper.
- Hold in place until the glue is cured.
- Repeat for the other slipper, mirroring the spot where you placed the pompom on the first slipper.