Learn how to make heart waffles with a regular waffle maker! No need to buy a heart-shaped waffle maker to create these adorable, delicious stacks of fluffy waffles.
As I learned on Henry’s first Valentine’s Day, it’s alllll fun and games until you have a kid.
Seriously, forget any big sweeping romantic plans and just get comfy with the fact that you now have an extra mini-Valentine who will probably throw his peas at you while you’re trying to have a civilized dinner.
It’s probably a good thing that Ryan and I have never been huge Valentine fanatics because our dreams would be dashed.
But even so, you’ve gotta at least try to do a little something special to celebrate, so this year we did an early Valentine’s date at home, since we’ll be traveling on the actual day.
And in thinking what our ideal Valentine’s Day at home would be, it obviously had to involve some sort of delicious breakfast!
Psst — before you dive in for the recipe, be sure to sign up below for my VIP group. I’ll send more of my very best ideas straight to ya!
A Valentine Surprise
As a quick little personal aside, when we were taking photos for this post, Henry was learning to walk!
So if our eyes are particularly lit up in the images, it’s because we were filled with so much delight at watching our little dude learn to make his way around in the world.
Supplies and Ingredients for heart Waffles
There are lots of different approaches to making these cute heart waffles! I like to think of it as Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
The beginner version? Just use toaster waffles! I’ll show you what to do with them after they’re toasted.
And if you’re feeling advanced, try my favorite Belgian waffle recipe from scratch!
How to Make Heart Waffles
The heart waffles are as simple as it gets! And you can use whatever waffle iron you already own — no need to purchase a heart-shaped waffle maker.
Materials and Ingredients
- Waffle maker
- Your fave waffle mix or ingredients for our Belgian waffles
- Heart cookie cutters
Make Time: 20 Minutes
- Make your favorite waffles! You can make them from scratch using our recipe, or even use toaster waffles. Cook the waffles according to the instruction on the packaging if you’re using boxed mix.
- Slice your fruit while the waffles are cooking. If possible, try to slice the fruit into slices that are about 1/4″ thick. Bonus points if you use lots of different colors of fruit!
- Once your waffles are cooked and your fruit is sliced, begin using cookie cutters to cut everything into heart shapes. Use various sizes of heart cookie cutters to cut out the waffles and fruit.
- Stack a bunch of waffles with a few slices of fruit on top. Secure them all together with a skewer. Repeat and make a stack of waffles for each person who will be enjoying breakfast.
We had a blast hanging out and getting our waffle on, and Henry thought it was the best thing ever to toddle over and steal a waffle, then take it and munch on it in his little tent.
The sweetest memories!
Create Valentine Traditions
After your heart waffle breakfast, try adding another tradition to your Valentine’s Day!
This post was originally presented in partnership with Wayfair. This post also contains affiliate links for your convenience. This means that I receive a small commission should you make a purchase via one of these links, at no additional cost to you. Thank you as always for your support!