Kara is back today with possibly the cutest DIY to hit the internet! I’ll take a balloon animal drink stirrer in every drink I have from today on, thank you very much!
Hey everyone! I am so excited to share these DIY balloon animal drink stirrers with you today! I mean, they are just the cutest and I am officially obsessed. Who doesn’t want a cute little balloon dog sitting on top of their summer cocktail? I got the inspiration for these mini balloon dog stirrers after seeing all the adorbs balloon animal banks, purses, and pool floats filling my Insta feed. All you need to make a set of your own is a bit of clay, some glue, and maybe your favorite show to binge watch while you create!
- Polymer clay
- Industrial strength adhesive
- Clear acrylic drink stirrers
- Oven and baking sheet
Make Time: 2-3 Hours
- Begin by making all the pieces for your balloon dog. You will need 4 legs, a body, a tail, neck, nose, 2 ears, and two tiny balls for the tail and nose. I went with the iconic shape for mine, but feel free to stretch your creative muscles and make other balloon animal shapes too!
- Combine all your pieces by pressing them together gently with your fingers. If any pieces don’t stick well, you can use super glue to attach them after you bake the pieces.
- Turn your baking sheet over and place your balloon animals on the bottom of the sheet (this keeps the top food safe for future baking) and bake in a 275 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Use your industrial strength adhesive to glue the dogs onto the clear acrylic drink stirrers. Once the glue has set overnight, your stirrers are ready to adorn your favorite beverage.
OMG! Seriously the cutest little DIY balloon animal drink stirrers ever! Now all I need are a few friends and the perfect cocktail to put these little dogs to use. What other balloon animals would you make? I have seen the elephant balloon banks and they are super cute too. If you are looking for even more fun summer DIY projects, be sure to check out my blog, A Kailo Chic Life. -Kara