My sister just had a perfect little baby boy a few weeks ago, and right now her days are spent getting used to being a mother of two. I’m sure there’s no way I could begin to understand the ways that her life has been turned on its ear these days, but I figured the least I could do was a salute to having a sibling here on Ten Things. Having a sister is awesome (particularly my sister, thank you very much), and here’s why I think so.
1. Someone else understands what it’s like to be our parents’ child.
2. She gave me maybe the best gift someone can give another person – a niece and a nephew.
3. Sometimes we find old stickers that we used to trade when we were little. It’s like going on an archaeological dig of our lives.
4. She always texts me first when she drinks too much wine and it’s hilarious.
5. We’re polar opposites but that means that she can help me with the stuff I’m bad at, and vice versa.
6. When I visit I don’t have to pack a hair dryer or any toiletries.
7. She remembers things from when I was too little to remember.
8. She’s always up for a frozen yogurt run.
9. If you can make her laugh you know you said something really funny.
10. She taught me to tie my shoes.
When we were little, my sister and I fought like cats and dogs, and I remember feeling like her main mission in life was to torture me with her friends. Ha! She probably thought the same thing about me. Do you have a sibling? I’d love to know why you love having one! Have a great weekend. xoxo