These days, I’m feeling anything but relaxed. Alt (and the prep leading up to it) was such a whirlwind, and now we’re elbow-deep in planning for Meet/Make/Do. So I’ve got my game face on until about mid-March, when I’ll hopefully take a mini vacay and breathe for a bit. But I thought I could at least daydream about relaxing, and that got me thinking about my favorite ways to chill out. Some of them are weird and don’t seem relax-y at all; others are straight out of a relaxing textbook. Or would be, if there were such a thing.
1. Working out outdoors.
2. Cooking breakfast and eating it at home.
4. Hunting for yard sales in our neighborhood.
5. Marathoning a favorite tv show.
7. Sharing a meal with friends or family.
8. Taking a camera out on a walk.
9. Binge-reading a junky novel from cover to cover, preferably in a beach chair under an umbrella.
10. Driving when I don’t have to be somewhere.
Basically, you’ll find me doing all of the above in March (hopefully)! I love the process of working hard toward a goal, achieving it, and then being able to recharge and regroup. So what about you? What are your favorite ways to relax? Let me know and then go chill — it’s the weekend! xoxo