Art by Sara Eshak!
I’m all fired up over here. I have plans and dreams and schemes and the fire underneath me to make them happen. I don’t know about you, but words greatly inspire me. I’ve been collecting quotes since I can remember. Sometimes a certain sequence of words just is so beautiful, or succinct, or true, that it hits me right in the gut and inspires action. Isn’t that incredible? I always wonder what it must be like to be a person who is responsible for a legendary quote. There’s lots of responsibility in that, don’t you think?
In any case, I was trolling my own Pinterest the other day (follow me here), searching for my favorite quotes, and the ones that I feel particularly close to right now, in the start of 2014. I hope some of them light a fire under you, too.
1. At first glance it may appear too hard. Look again. Always look again. -Mary Anne Rodmacher
2. Not all those who wander are lost. -J.R.R. Tolkien
3. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. -Psalm 147:4
4. Perfect is boring. -Tyra Banks
5. Ain’t nobody got time for that. -Kimberly Wilkins
6. Creativity takes courage. – Henri Matisse
7. I’ll clap when I’m impressed. -Dangers
8. I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. -Vincent Van Gogh
9. Stop the glorification of busy. -Jennifer Pastiloff
10. We cannot cure the world of sorrows but we can choose to live in joy. -Joseph Campbell
What about you? Any of these ring especially true for you? Or do you have a few quotes that you keep near and dear as you make your way through life? I would love to know — leave a comment so I can add them to my repertoire. Happy weekend! xoxo