A couple of weekends ago, I had the pleasure of attending Freutcamp. Leah from Freutcake put together a jam-packed bootcamp for bloggers and creatives and I came away pretty inspired. One of her speakers was talking to us about creating our brands, standing behind them, and not being afraid to claim all of your hard work. She called it putting on your “Kanye West Thinking Cap,” which I thought was hysterical. If there was ever a dude who wasn’t afraid to be proud, it’s Kanye.
Now, I actually have a really hard time tooting my own horn, but I had to do a reality check recently because I was almost finding myself ignoring a few major milestones. So in the humblest way possible, a few things that I’m currently proud of:
1. Chelsey and I decided to write an ebook and we did it.
2. Just beat a really hard Candy Crush level.
3. Pitched a crazy idea to a big brand recently and they went for it.
4. Finally made appointments for some annoying dental work.
5. Our apartment is clean, after weeks of being buried in DIY rubble.
6. I’m working hard to have a clear idea of a path for Lovely Indeed, and the path looks awesome.
7. Pushing outside of my comfort zone in a zillion ways.
8. Being there for friends and family when they need help.
9. Not letting myself get taken advantage of.
10. I can finally (mostly) drive around LA without opening my maps app.
What about you? I’m serious — I would love to hear something that you’re really proud of right now. And I’ll give you a big ol’ virtual high five. Have a great weekend! xoxo
P.S. Thanks so much for all of your support with Make Your Day! Don’t forget to use code MYDAYISMADETODAY at checkout for a special reader discount. Get it here!