Oh geez. Here it comes. I don’t want to do too much preamble here, because I’ll probably chicken out on actually telling you some of my most embarrassing moments. So let’s just do this. Cue the circus music.
1. When I was teaching high school, I went through an entire day with a size sticker on my new pants.
2. The first time I hung out with Kelly, as I said goodbye I stepped off a curb and fell flat on my rear.
3. After I fell on my rear, a gardener rushed over and hoisted me off the ground in a bear hug. (Insult to injury. I think we should invent a law that when you fall in public people have to pretend not to notice.)
4. In guitar class in college, I raised my hand to ask the professor if I could use my ¾ size guitar. It came out, “Does size matter?” Think about it.
5. Before going onstage for a show in 8th grade, I puked my breakfast up right in front of God and everyone.
6. Speaking of theatre, playing the title role in Gypsy a few years ago, one of our actors forgot to make an entrance and left me and one other woman onstage with nothing to do. Longest two minutes of my life.
7. After Mr. Lovely proposed, I thought I was going to pass out and had to sit down with my head between my knees.
8. An epic voice crack on the high note in my first big high school solo.
9. Because it happened just a few days ago, I’m going to collectively say all of those times that the zipper on my pants just won’t stay up.
10. That time in 5th grade I called my favorite teacher a dork in front of the whole class. I have no idea what came over me!
Hope this gave you a good chuckle for your Friday – Mr. Lovely was reading it over my shoulder and just shaking his head. Sometimes my life feels like one long episode of I Love Lucy, with him just sort of good-naturedly laughing at my shenanigans. Okay, somebody please put me out of my misery and share a story in the comments! Oh, and have a great weekend. xoxo