I was drinking a glass of red wine the other night on the couch and I realized I was holding the glass by the bowl instead of the stem. I know, so uncool right? Wine drinkers everywhere are rolling their eyes at me. But for some reason, it feels so good to hold the glass that way! I know, weird. It just fits right in my hand and it feels solid and I like it. It feels satisfying. And then I started thinking of other things that feel the same way, for no good reason. Here’s what I came up with.
1. Hitting a tetherball really hard, just in the right spot.
2. Drawing a perfectly straight line on accident.
3. Having a killer race on Mario Kart Wii.
4. Getting a running hug from my niece so hard she knocks me over.
5. Peeling dried glue off of my fingers.
6. When all of the ice cubes pop out of the tray.
7. Pushing the enter button on my computer a little too hard when I’m typing fast.
8. Walking with a to-go cup of tea in my hand.
9. A really epic, perfectly-aligned high-five.
10. When you buy something and it comes out to an even dollar amount.
Aren’t those weird?! It’s funny — most of them have to do with things serendipitously working out. And some of them are just things that feel like they fit well on my person. I mean, what’s better than getting a running hug from an excited 3-year-old? Not a lot of things are more satisfying than that. So I gotta know. Do you have some of these too? Or just anything that feels really good for no good reason? Lemme know, and have a gorgeous weekend. xoxo
P.S. I actually literally have butterflies in my stomach about Make Your Day being available for purchase on Monday.