I love my mom. I am fully convinced she is (probably much like your mom) the greatest mom in the world. It’s so fun to spoil her, and I also love to make her laugh. So when I was thinking of something that might be fun to make her for Mother’s Day, I came up with these funny papercut cards. Here’s how to make Mother’s Day cards (with free printable!).
You can make them say anything in the whole world, give them to mom as a card, and she can frame them or hang them as art for ever and ever. It’s like a grownup version of giving her something you made at school so she can put it on the fridge. Like that. But cooler. We have four printable options for you below, but it would be just as simple to customize your own phrases or sayings on these for your own mom.
How to Make Mother’s Day Cards (With Free Printable!)
- free printable Mother’s Day cards (download them below!)
- cardstock in various colors
- craft knife
- glue stick
- printer, or a cutting machine like the Cricut machine
Make Time: 1 Hour
- Decide what you’d like your mom’s art to say. I went with a few different sayings; if you like mine you can download them below. If you have a cutting machine like the Cricut (which I can’t recommend enough – it’s brilliant), upload the files into the Cricut design space and cut them out of colored cardstock. You could also use a Silhouette or other similar cutting machine; I just happen to use the Cricut. Honestly, I love it; it’s one of my most-used craft supplies and cuts the time investment on projects like this by a huge amount.
- However! If you don’t have a cutting machine, never fear! You can also cut these old school style, with scissors and a craft knife. It’ll just take a bit longer. If you’re cutting them old school, print the files on colored cardstock using your printer, and cut out the words with your cutting tools. You can use a nice sharp craft knife to help expedite this part of the project.
- On a contrasting color of cardstock, spread a thin layer of glue stick. Next, press the two sheets together firmly, and be sure to adhere the top paper around all edges.Next, trim away the excess paper around all edges until your art is the size you’d like. Our cards are 5″x7″, and thus can also fit into a frame so that we can display them as art. If you like, you could adhere the papercut words onto a folded piece of cardstock so that it’s an actual folded card, rather than a flat, single-sheet card like these.
- Next, trim away the excess paper around all edges until your art is the size you’d like. Our cards are 5″x7″, and thus can also fit into a frame so that we can display them as art. If you like, you could adhere the papercut words onto a folded piece of cardstock so that it’s an actual folded card, rather than a flat, single-sheet card like these.
Download the Free Printable Mother’s DAy Cards
Give them to your mama and make her giggle! Unless you decide to have them say something really sweet. Then give them to your mama and make her cry. And that’s how to make Mother’s Day cards (with free printable!). There’s just something a little extra special about getting something handmade if you’re a mom on Mother’s Day — and so we hope that these bring you and your mom a little extra joy this year. Also, if you need more ideas for mom, we’ve got you covered right here. Happy Mother’s Day! xoxo