vintage pelouze postal scale

One of the things we’re planning at the wedding reception is a big, sugary candy buffet, kind of like this one:

{Image via JenaD Events}

I’m quite a sugar fan (although we try to keep that under wraps), so we figured on our wedding day we could just go to town and indulge.  We’ve been yard sale-ing to find lots of fun glass containers to serve the candy in, and one day in my travels I came across this little fella:

 

It wasn’t glassware, but it was a vintage Pelouze postal shipping scale, and it was adorable!  They were asking $5 for it, so I snapped it right up.  I thought it would be pretty cute nestled into the candy buffet somewhere — not that people need to weigh their goodies, but just as part of the display.  Maybe with a jar on top of it?  We’ll see where she ends up.

I brought it home and did some research; I think this particular model is from 1968, judging by the postage rates and some other similar models that I found online.

Regardless of how old it is, I’m pretty excited about the find, and I’m even more excited to figure out the best way to use it in the candy buffet!  I’ll have precisely 4 ounces of gumdrops, please.  xoxo

  1. Jani on said:

    Hey Chelsea, if interested, I’m guessing Dave’s mom has caboodles of old glass jars/containers. Want me 2 ck it out or not? No biggie on this end, just offering

  2. Jani on said:

    Hey Chelsea, if interested, I’m guessing Dave’s mom has caboodles of old glass jars/containers. Want me 2 ck it out or not? No biggie on this end, just offering

  3. lauren on said:

    we did a candy buffet too! we called it a candy bar, lol. it was a huge hit! people will love it, trust me…if you want an idea for cheap containers for them to store their goodies, the dollar store is a great place to go. we personalized them with ribbon and a sticker of the event and date. super cute!

    • chelseacosta on said:

      Haha! Yeah, we’re actually calling ours a candy bar as well — it was just clearer for blogging purposes to say “buffet.” Wouldn’t want anyone thinking we were just setting out a giant Snickers bar or something! 🙂

  4. lauren on said:

    we did a candy buffet too! we called it a candy bar, lol. it was a huge hit! people will love it, trust me…if you want an idea for cheap containers for them to store their goodies, the dollar store is a great place to go. we personalized them with ribbon and a sticker of the event and date. super cute!

    • chelseacosta on said:

      Haha! Yeah, we’re actually calling ours a candy bar as well — it was just clearer for blogging purposes to say “buffet.” Wouldn’t want anyone thinking we were just setting out a giant Snickers bar or something! 🙂

  5. Laura on said:

    Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god. I just got SO. EXCITED. TIMES A BILLION.

    Candy buffet. . . .

    You hush up now with your awesomeness. I can’t even stand it!

    Dave asks “Candy buffet? Is that allowed?” To which I answer: “YES.”

  6. Laura on said:

    Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god. I just got SO. EXCITED. TIMES A BILLION.

    Candy buffet. . . .

    You hush up now with your awesomeness. I can’t even stand it!

    Dave asks “Candy buffet? Is that allowed?” To which I answer: “YES.”

*