Sometimes I just have to giggle about how weird it is to be a blogger. Especially, for me, a DIY blogger. I consider myself a maker, you guys know that, so even though Lovely Indeed covers lots of crazy topics, I do love working with my hands and sharing what I make.
But sometimes while I’m conducting DIY-type business I stop and just think how crazy it is. First of all, that it’s a job at all (which I love and am so grateful for). And secondly, the bizarre behavior that I and the rest of my DIY blogger pals tend to exhibit. You can spot a DIY blogger a mile away if you know what you’re looking for. So I thought I’d share a few things that I find myself doing and then laughing about. Here we go.
1. Hoarding weird junk like cardboard tubes and scraps of fabric “in case they come in handy.”
2. Stopping in the middle of every single project to take step-by-step photos.
3. Knowing exactly which kind of glue is good for sticking any two things in the world together.
4. Thinking “I could make that,” shortly followed by “But will I make that?” every time you’re in a store.
5. Covering up that one part of the project that you smudged and didn’t have time to fix for the photos.
6. Having intimate knowledge of the layout of every craft/fabric/hardware store in a 20 mile radius.
7. Standing, laying, sitting, contorting the body into any position just to get the right photo. (Exhibit A.)
8. Having 18 pairs of scissors because they each do something just a bit different.
9. The endless hunt for the perfect glue gun.
10. Glitter on the bottom of my feet. Always.
If you’re a blogger, what are some of your kooky tendencies? And if you’re in another line of work, what is some of the weird stuff you do because of your job? I love this game! Have a great weekend. xoxo