1. Despite being what I consider to be relatively intelligent, I always have to recite the “I before E except after C” rule in my head when I write out words like “receipt.” Every time.
2. Also on the recitation list: “Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey,” whenever I screw or unscrew anything.
3. When I take my first drink of soda from a can, I hiccup one time. It’s like clockwork. And kind of painful.
4. I’ve had two successful careers — one as a choral music educator and one as an actress.
5. The entire right side of my body is ever-so-slightly bigger than the left. I use this as my scapegoat for the fact that I have awful balance.
6. Diet Pepsi (not Diet Coke). Dogs (not cats, unless it’s a kitten). Sour gummi candy (not chocolate, although Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are one of the world’s wonders).
7. I have a hard time keeping still. I tend to wiggle my feet back and forth, especially in order to fall asleep.
8. I grew up on an almond ranch and therefore know how to irrigate an orchard, saddle and ride a horse, operate a four-wheeler, and feed various farm animals.
9. I always always always wear rubber gloves when I’m doing the dishes. This makes me a fearless and highly effective dish-doer.
10. I’ve been to 38 of the 50 states, and it’s a goal to see them all. Although I’m going to have to be coaxed into Alaska. Along with Alaska, still missing Arizona, New Mexico, the Dakotas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
BONUS #11! I absolutely love love.